Apple iCloud Removal
How do I remove my iCloud account from my device?
Removing your iCloud account from your device is easy and can either be done via the device itself or via icloud.com.
Please follow either Option 1 or Option 2 instructions below. Option 2 is recommended if your device is faulty.
Removing iCloud account via your device
1) Turn device ON
2) Select Settings
3) Select iCloud
4) Press Delete Account
5) Enter Apple ID password when prompted
6) Select Turn Off
Please note: The above process must be done before wiping or restoring the device.
Removing iCloud account via icloud.com
1) Device must be switched OFF*
2) Log into icloud.com with Apple ID and password
3) Select Find My iPhone
4) Select device from Device list (top left hand side)
5) Device should appear as Offline
6) Select Remove from Find My iPhone (bottom of screen)
7) Select Remove on confirmation message
*Device must be switch off and appear as 'Offline', otherwise 'Remove from Find My iPhone' option will not appear.If you have recently switched device off, you may have to wait a few minutes for the device to switch to 'Offline' status.
Activation Lock is only applicable to devices that are running iOS7,8,9+
If your device is running an earlier version of iOS (iOS6 or below), removing your iCloud account from your device is not compulsory. To find out which iOS version your device is running, please go to Settings » General » About » Version.